Tuesday, June 17, 2008

THE CLEAN UP IS UNDERWAY !!!

I drove over to the West side of town yesterday where the
flood did most of the damage. What I saw was so sad. I know
it's just stuff, but this flood hit the lowest income area of town
and these people will never get enough money to replace their
things. Hopefully they WILL receive enough to replace those
things that are necessary. I drove through so many
neighborhoods and the picture was the same house after
house. I have never seen so much trash in all of my life and
when I rolled my window down to take a picture, the smell
was so unbearable. The National Guard was there helping
people remove things from their homes. FEMA has officially
moved in and taken over the Reedsburg High School. They
are registering many families and one of the large gyms has
been set up as a food pantry with food that was sent from
Second Harvest in Madison.

I have the official information for those wanting to help out.
All donations can be sent to:

The Reedsburg Bank
201 Main St
Reedsburg, WI 53959
Attn: Reedsburg Flood Relief Account



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Thanks for the info Kari!

I've got it listed on my blog with some of your pictures, and I hope it helps get some more aid and support in your direction...

-mike